When you have completed this program, you will be able to:
- Clarify the objective of your briefing.
- Brainstorm ideas for your briefing.
- Use 5 brainstorming techniques.
- Use the POD process to systematically plan, organize, and deliver your briefing.
- Plan your briefing based on your audience analysis and your objective.
- Brainstorm the supporting materials.
- Select the ideas that support the objective of your briefing.
- Organize your briefing into a PSS informative format.
- Organize your briefing into a SPSS persuasive format.
- Identify and use a variety of organizational principles.
- Use agenda slide to improve the organization of a briefing.
- Use varied delivery styles and verbal and non-verbal delivery techniques.
- Use strategies to improve Q&A sessions.
- Use stress management techniques.
No prerequisite knowledge is required to be successful in this course.
No advance preparation is required.
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: QAS Self Study
Refunds and Cancellations:
Requests for refunds must be made in writing within 15 days of purchasing the course.
No refunds will be granted after the qualified assessment has been completed. For complaints or concerns, please contact our offices at 435-214-7995.
Technical Communication programs are specifically designed for engineers, scientists, accountants, and others whose complex subject matter can contribute to communication difficulties.
Technical presenters usually need to organize heaps of information, often they have limited experience with public speaking or writing. Their inexperience developing and delivering briefings often leads to failure to deliver their message and achieve the purpose of their presentation. During the program, we’ll focus on such topics as managing stress, the verbal and nonverbal aspects of delivery, how to manage a Q&A session, and how to practice effectively.
Audience evaluation skills are a key component of this workshop. Understanding why your audience is attending, assessing their interest level and knowledge of your subject, and clearly defining the action plan you desire your audience to follow after hearing your presentation are addressed.
- Quickly develop powerful briefings using KCI’s proprietary POD process.
- Overcome writer’s block.
- Organize your data and properly use visual aids.
- Captivate and evaluate audiences using proven techniques.
- Strengthens listening skills.
- Manage stress and overcome stage fright – become a clear, confident speaker.
- Use Q&A sessions to your advantage.
Using KCI’s proven techniques participants quickly produce finely crafted briefings that include technical details while captivating audiences and that result in a measurable, positive return on your investment.